TO: INTERESTED PARTIES
FROM: NICOLE McCLESKEY, PUBLIC OPINION STRATEGIES
DATE: JANUARY 19, 2016
RE: NORTH CAROLINA CD-07 REPUBLICAN PRIMARY SURVEY RESULTS
David Rouzer is very well-known and well-regarded among Republican primary voters of the Seventh Congressional District. With 94% name ID among primary voters across the district, Rouzer holds an impressive 66% favorable/9% unfavorable image rating.
- Rouzer’s standing is even more impressive among “strong” Republicans with a 72% favorable/5% unfavorable image rating.
- In contrast, Mark Otto has just 9% name ID in the district with 1% favorable.
Rouzer holds a commanding 83%-5% lead on the primary ballot.
- He holds a similar lead among “strong” Republicans (87%-4%) and among high frequency primary voters (84%-8%).
- Within Johnston County, Rouzer holds a 90%-3% lead, with an 87%-3% lead in Brunswick County and a 76%-8% lead in New Hanover County.
Rouzer’s strong standing across the district can be attributed to the Congressman’s hard work in the district, strong constituent services, and general alignment with the values of the people he represents.
- When asked which attributes describe David Rouzer well, 84% of voters agree, he “stands up for what he believes in” and 81% say he is “responsive to the issues and needs of this area.”
The Bottom Line
Congressman Rouzer has cemented a strong following among Republican voters in a relatively short period of time, a credit to his tireless work ethic, dedication to the district, and conservative representation in Congress.
Public Opinion Strategies conducted a telephone survey of 300 likely Republican primary voters in North Carolina’s 7th Congressional District on January 10-12, 2016. The survey has a margin of error of +5.66% and included both landline and cell phone calls.